Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Send Or Share This To Your Friends Whom You Think Need This Most


Here's some thoughts from Jonathan Yabut - The Apprentice Asia Winner 

Work or personal life, can never be seen in rose-colored glasses everyday. There will always be tough days when things seem to crumble hopelessly. Don't be a victim of making life-changing decisions (what course should I take in university? Should I quit my job now? Should I shout at him? Should I buy this even if I have so much debt now?) that you will regret during these times. These are the worst times to make those decisions. These are the times when you are vulnerable, irrational, and impulsive. You are likely missing some logic too.

This is the same reason why I defer my SMS or e-mail to people when I get frustrated at them. I count 1-10 and think again. I read my message again a few hours later (or I sleep through it and check the next day) and see if that message was really ME, or someone who was just driven by anger. I calm down and let my rational, quiet self take the driver's seat.

They say that emotional maturity could be the very thin line that sets apart two equally competent workers. One is self-aware, and is able to control himself. Ther other is not. And we all know by now that guys who get promoted at work aren't just promoted based on skills---it's based on how people PERCEIVE them when it times of disasters and problems. It's based on when they're able to step up to the plate without panicking or surrendering easily. They are able to calm down, relax, and think properly without making hasty decisions. They don't base a permanent decision on a temporary emotion.

Here's to wishing we all improve our emotional maturity at work this 2019! :)


No comments: