Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Prayer of a Mother and a Wife


To all moms and wives out there: Let's include this warm, sincere and beautiful prayer in our daily routines. Let's keep our lines open; communicating to/with GOD is a perfect thing to start our day right, well, the way HE wants us to. My fellow moms and wives, let's whisper one now...

Compassionate and loving God,
thank you for giving me the opportunity
and the challenge of being a mother.
I know that this is not an easy task -
to rear children and build a home.

Please help me when life seems too difficult,
when I lose my patience, understanding and generosity
toward my husband and my children.

Grant me the spirit of love, peace and joy
so that when I'm doing my daily routine, though heavy they may be,
these virtues may give me the strength to lighten my day.

Help me to be always cheerful and serene
so that my children and husband may look forward
to coming home again after school and after the day's work.

Dear God,
my constant prayer is my concern for my children,
that they may become successful in life,
able to serve their countrymen and women,
but more importantly that they may grow up to be
Your faithful children.
Amen.

No comments: