Thursday, September 6, 2012

What Happened at SM City Marilao on September 6?

Photo Credit: sm marilao bulacan by neo_paolo2005
Around 6 to 7 p.m. (September 6, Thursday), Hubby and I were enjoying shopping at SM City Marilao, Department Store when I heard people shouting, running and panicking. I hurriedly went back to the Men’s Department, looking for hubby. I shouted Daddy, so scared where to go, run and hide.  

In a matter of five seconds, I was able to hear hubby calling me and when we finally held hands, I felt safer and more secured. I was so scared and all I thought of that time was E-I-E-O.  I might be over-reacting or exaggerating things but I could only think of the worst case scenario.

Nanginginig ako, kami kasama ang lahat ng taong tumatakbo. Everybody ran so fast; all were yelling and shouting loudly. Takot na takot ang lahat. We were all so pale, shaking and shivering. Sa aming pagtakbo, I was thankful that hubby didn’t panic at all as he found a secured place for us to stay. He dragged me to a stock room (Men’s Dept); we went inside together with the other customers, SM Dept. Store’s personnel and staff. Pumasok kami sa pinakaloob and we locked the doors.

After ten minutes, we saw the security guards and asked how everything was. One said everything was under control and we could get out of the stock room and head our way to the parking area. And so we did. However, after just a few steps, we again heard people shouting and another batch of people (customers, personnel and staffs) running so fast. And so, we again ran and found another safe place to secure ourselves – inside another stock room.

This time we stayed there for almost 20 minutes. One personnel told us that everything was back to normal but we all decided to stay and wait for the security guards to escort us to step out of the Dept. store and leave SM Marilao.

After a few more minutes, we were assured of our “safety”. And so we headed our way to the parking area and left hurriedly. Hubby and I saw lots of people who were so scared, quivering, and so anxious about what happened.

Heavy traffic was experienced along McArthur Highway. There were police mobiles, along with the officers who were trying to minimize the tension. All were fearful, frightened, and uneasy.

One thing is for sure. SM City Marilao owes everyone an explanation, an official statement perhaps. I sent Steve Dailisan of GMA NewsTV a text message and was communicating with him. I wish he would try to help us communicate with SM City Marilao to validate and verify the real cause of this disturbing and distressing experience.

This experience was so terrible that it traumatized the people who witnessed the commotion as well as those untoward incidents. With all these, we now fear going to SM City Marilao as our safety is not always guaranteed.

I also needed to call my loved ones to check if they were at SM City Marilao. Good thing, they were not there. Now, I am still in shock; my hands are still shaking. I could hardly breathe.

SM City Marilao, please let us know the REAL CAUSE. We deserve to know the TRUTH. Have the courage and the initiative to take full accountability and liability of that awful occurrence. Please!

1 comment:

Shawarma said...

That's creepy! Ano kaya yung totoong nangyari? Nakakatakot naman. Buti umaga ako pumunta ng SM Marilao kahapon. Good to hear that you and your hubby is safe.