Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to Deal With Your Colleagues

The Basics of Office Management

Reality Bites…

How some people can be so rude and abusive at times.

I am not used to working with lazy people. People who are pretending to be so busy yet tend to accomplish nothing. I am trained to work hard – maximizing my time, resources and my skills. Productivity, competence, integrity and work ethics are in me – showing gratitude and much concern to the company I am working for/with. I am so proud that I have them in me. I am just saddened to see and spend time with some people who can be so abusive and negligent.

I pity those people who are working just because they have to and not because they want to grow and learn new things. I am just wondering why they cannot be so inspired going to work and looking at the brighter side of the picture. Optimism has to be in us. If we usually see things negatively and destructively, then we may never grow or would never get any better.

In any industry or company, working longer hours in the office denotes inefficiency. Thus, overtime shall only happen at times and not as often as everyday. In many big corporations, office works that can be done in eight hours should be done accordingly and on time. Otherwise, you are both ineffective and inefficient.

Another instance, intercom shall only be used if necessary or if the situation really calls for it. But if you only tend to look for someone and you feel lazy of not using your feet and roaming around the office, I guess you are not using the “technology” properly. In that case, you are being too abusive.

Personally, I don’t want to destruct my fellow colleagues working and being so busy just because they need to answer my call and look for somebody else. In that manner, I am disturbing and bothering them with something very petty. And this doesn’t make sense at all. Think about this: Why should I do “that” if I could do that with my feet, on my “very” own…

Sometimes we need to realize little things that we tend to abuse or misuse whether unconsciously or subconsciously.

I don’t really care if you agree with me or not… because this is me and I live with what I believe is fair, right and just. Remember what I told you before? I am a man of principles. And I am bound to do the right thing no matter how hard it is.

Today is the high time for you to clear your mind out and set your values and principles. With this, you can establish your self-identity, the “you” – exactly who you are or better yet, what HE wants you to be.

I am who I am. And you are who you are, right? Let us both respect our own personal and professional spaces.

♥♥♥ Mai Raine ♥♥♥

No comments: