Sunday, August 31, 2008

I am…



When I got married in 2006, I finally realized that this new phase would really change my life forever – my priorities, schedules, habits, routines and activities. My hubby and I had a 4-year engagement and we were right to think that we still needed ample time for adjustment. It was indeed true when people say that you and your partner will only know one another if and only if both of you will live under one roof.

Though we knew each other for quite a long time, we were surprised that we still make many revelations not just in our daily activities, values and attitudes, but also in our perceptions, beliefs, insights and points of views.

However, I am so thankful that we always manage to resolve those conflicts and settle those things out. I believe that all these happen simply because we religiously put God in the center of our relationship.

Thus, we try our best to keep our communication lines open, stay away from petty quarrels and bridge whatever gaps we have so far. Well, of course, aside from love, understanding, respect and trust are the keys to a successful marriage.

A man wants to feel that he is always understood; a woman wants to feel that she is always loved.

No comments: