Friday, August 1, 2008

Excerpts from my own married life’s NOTEBOOK…




Love… how it is like for me.

Poets often describe LOVE as an emotion that we can hardly control – one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That’s what it was like for me.

I didn’t plan on falling in love with you and I doubt if you also planned falling in love with me. But once we’ve met, it was clear to me that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love despite of our differences, and once we did, something so rare and beautiful was created.

For me, LOVE, like ours that has happened only once, is something I am really proud of. That’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory and marked in my heart… I’ll never forget any single moment of it.

Yours was the love I was looking for; the man whom I truly wanted to spend the rest of my LIFE with…

These are just some few memorable lines from one of my favorite love stories, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks... These words have simply inspired me to love selflessly and unconditionally.


Excerpts from my own married life’s NOTEBOOK…


My husband isn’t the expressive, showy and sentimental type of guy. Neither, he is fond of saying I love you all the time. It isn’t because he is insensitive nor less romantic. It is just because he wants me to learn how to read between the lines. Besides, he is not used to those things – knowing that I was his very first girlfriend.

He only shows his love to me in ways he truly knew best: he spends quality time with me and exerts too much effort in everything he does for me. He lightens my burdens, eases my fears and blows my doubts away by simply putting his arms around me, stroking my hair and planting a kiss on my forehead.

Indeed, I am so blessed because I have a man secure enough to let me be the person GOD has designed me to be (Well, I don’t think I’m even there yet.). I believe I am still a work in progress and Ren, in keeping his innate character of always wanting to be the best that he can be.

Likewise, he encourages me to keep on growing, try new things, pursue my interests, and live a life with optimism and positive outlook.

Though I always tell him that I love him so much, I don’t think I thank him often enough for being the kind of husband that he is to me ever since. I really thank God for bringing him into my life.

No comments: